View Single Post
Old December 14, 2007, 12:48 PM   #6
saands

Regarding BeenThereDoneThat with the alternative methods, that probably applies to 98% of us that started reloading before there was an Internet ... and to 96% of the more recent crowd I, too, tried the phosphoric acid dip to brighten the cases, the detergent, etc, etc, etc ... and speaking of exposures ... I think that I'd be a lot more afraid of Pb exposure drying my cases in the same oven that makes my dinner, than I would in almost any other scenario except maybe the one where you wash the brass in the dishwasher I think that I have that same Berry's tumbler ... if you go that route, buy yourself a little programmable appliance timer that will let you set it for 6-9 hours so that it has an auto-off mode ... that way you don't have to worry about being home when it finishes.

Saands

ps ... I never got around to trying diet Coke as a brass rinse ... IIRC it has a pretty good charge of phosphoric acid in it .... and it doesn't leave things sticky like the regular Coke would On second thought, the tumbler works GREAT!

Page generated in 0.03564 seconds with 8 queries