View Single Post
Old August 12, 2002, 04:00 AM   #8
labgrade
Member In Memoriam

Yup, cops will ask you if you have weapons or drugs - last time I was stopped, the Statie asked me just these same questions.

I really did have to tell him that I was in possession of a "concealed handgun" due to the conditions of my CCW permit.
(had about a dozen various "shooters" at the time ... )

Other than that - if I didn't have said permit - I could've told him basically "none of your business." I wouldn't recommend saying it that way, but make up your own polite way of saying "nope - none of your business." "Pound sand" isn't a great reply to endear said officer's friendliness .....

Depending on your state laws, you can (still) merely not answer & stand on your 4th amendment "privs." You don't have to answer any questions at all. They cannot just start a rummaging of your vehicle.

Far as a canine unit pawing about & hittig on anything - well, there's training & there's training .... can't argue. Dogs hit on what they're trained (or prompted) to hit on.

You might want to "talk" to your children & explain some things that are right, & maybe more importantly, those that aren't. May save some explanations down the road.

A detention & subsequent dog search through your personal belongings while your kids watch may be (as detesible as it may be) may be a real good real world eye-opener for your children.

I won't condone it - far from it - but if they will grow up in our "brave new world," best they get a bird's eye view of what it'll be like.

Nothing like education on the fly .... :barf:

Page generated in 0.02732 seconds with 8 queries