View Single Post
Old December 11, 2007, 02:27 PM   #14
cpaspr

Like Jim said.

My reloading setup is also space limited. It is roughly 30" x 30 " (approx 76 cm x 76 cm). I have two RCBS single stage presses mounted side by side with an RCBS powder measure mounted beside those, all on a double thickness of 3/4" plywood (roughly 38 mm thick). The presses and powder measure actually only take up about 60% of the front, so there is room to set a bucket of bullets to the left, the loading block to the right and room to set the scale up behind the presses (I double check the powder measure every 10-15 powder drops). Of my actual table top, I don't really use the back half, other than as a place to store empty coffee cans and cottage cheese containers. That said, I probably wouldn't make mine much shorter in depth, but only because I would be concerned about possibly tipping it when running the press. But that's my bench, which is quite lightweight, compared to your plans. My father has a bench that is only about 20" deep, but is extremely heavy, with a 2" thick top. He built it around 45 years ago, and it's still as strong now as it was when I learned on it some 30 odd years ago.

Page generated in 0.03745 seconds with 8 queries