View Single Post
Old December 5, 2000, 05:11 PM   #11
jtduncan

And let's be specific here, most jams and misfires are operator error, limp wristing, hard primers, improperly loaded mags, fatigued magazine springs, or failure to fully rack the slide, most of which has nothing to do with the gun's reliability but our failure to properly deploy the tool.

When it comes down to it, I'll take a Sig, my P220 and P226 have been great guns but I have had to replace several sets of springs and get my P220 reblued.

Kahr makes some good 9mms but have seen several broken springs and problems with their slides as the gunsmith at my range worked on them.

Beretta's are good guns if you have the post LAPD slide snatch problem fixed. But not well known for their accuracy.

Some of the SW like the 3913 on up are nice too but they are prone to mag problems.

And the BHPs are nice too. 1911s chambered in 9mm basically. Accurate but subject to finish problems and some just don't fit your hand right.

And the Rugers are nice value priced guns built like tanks. Like a poor man's Glock. but I've never seen anybody at IPSC or IDPA using them for serious tactical shooting. Also not standing out in the accuracy department.

When it comes down to it, if you're looking for a gun that if properly operated with deliver a bullet to POA, pick a Glock, HKP7, or a Sig. You'll just have to accept premature holster wear on the later two.

Page generated in 0.03272 seconds with 8 queries