View Single Post
Old December 13, 2005, 07:35 AM   #43
U.S.SFC_RET

Reacting to the Sudden and Unexpected=Training&Accuracy

For the Victim it is a shame he was wounded. My hat is off to him. Due to the suddeness of the situation I don't think any one of us would actually be as prepared as we would like to be. Reduce your chances of failure and train with your firearm. Gain the necessary confidence you need and get through actual training. You don't need to pay a ton of money to go to the expensive courses to do it. Use this forum. Yes accuracy does matter but what I hear all over these boards are headshots, headshots. Accuracy isn't about headshots 95% of the time. People have the misconcieved idea that to be proficient with a pistol you have to "QUICK DRAW MCRAW AND SHOOT WITH INCREDIBLE TALENT". Nothing could be further from the truth. To be good with a pistol is to shoot CENTER MASS, that means in my book from the diaphram area on up into the torso region. For a Pistol If you can Shoot That kind of Target Consistantly and Repeatedly THAT IS ACCURACY. Don't lose sight while training with a pistol because your goals you set are very reachable using this kind of advice.
4. Know the target and what's beyond it.

Page generated in 0.02732 seconds with 8 queries