View Single Post
Old February 26, 2008, 02:02 PM   #15
CGSteve8718

Quote:
What you can use a grenade launcher for is limited only by the rounds you have for it. Since someone mentioned the Mk19, I'll add a warning. Don't ever try to fire Mk19 rounds from a M203: the rounds are NOT interchangable. The Mk19 round works at a MUCH higher pressure and will cause the M203 / M79 (to include all the ol' bloopers out there) to EXPLODE. That's why the M203 / M79 reach out to 400m at a max, but the Mk19 is good past 2000m. Mixing those up makes for a really bad hair day.
FYI, my cousin's volunteer fire department has a sleeved M79- brings it down to 37mm. They've used it for all manner of things. Speciality rounds MAY be available through fire department supply companies. I don't know where they get theirs, so I'm guessing.
+ 1, but I think all the military guys here already knew that. For mere "civilians", it's a non issue, cause we can't have them anyway.

And recently, I have become one of the ones to say that as far as small arms go, civilians should be able to have what the military has. So yes, we should have select fire weapons, M203's with all available rounds for it, etc.

If we are to understand and uphold the 2A, then we should not care how people who don't share our views percieve us. The argument that you make, MarineCorpsAT, is the same arguments that anti gunners make for ANY firearms on a whim. They would say there is no practical use for handguns, hi cap magazines, semi auto versions of rifles that look like military rifles of the world, etc. etc. Unless you think owning guns is about hunting, then I have nothing more to say.

As for how much can a 40mm do to a house, unless you live in a mud hut, it's not going to take down a one family house. Neither will a hand grenade cause a massive flame explosion that billows into the air (I've only thrown frag grenades though). All Hollywood theatrics.

Page generated in 0.04616 seconds with 8 queries