View Single Post
Old August 22, 2001, 03:11 PM   #1
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Need Dope Data? Here's a must see!

I've seen all sorts of ways to record trajectory dope for later use:
Journals, cards laminated and taped to the stock, cards around the neck etc. Keeping our rifle dope handy always seems to be a problem. The neatest solution I've yet seen is Mark Allison's Pathfinder. (While I didn't realize it when I ordered, we actually featured this nifty tool in an article by Leroy Thompson in July's S.W.A.T....page 12).

So here's the deal:
The Pathfinder is a pull out tape, loaded into a scope mounted turret that looks very much like a normal scope knob.
Closeup of the Pathfinder on a Nightforce 30mm tube.

Allison Tool will provide these in 1" or 30mm; left or right hand; blank tape or filled out with your submitted dope. The unit arrives in a small canister, complete with appropriate Allen wrench for attachment.

Ashley Emerson and I played around with the unit, atop (what else?) a McMillan .50. It's quick, handy and useful. I consider it a must for precision rifles.

More Pics:
The Pathfinder in action.

One of the better Ashley pictures I've seen.

Film Clip of the Pathfinder and McMillan in concert. This is almost 3mb in size. Download with cable or DSL recommended. Anyone who can tell me how to downsize these., please email me.
Click here for movie

Contact for mark Allison: [email protected]

Page generated in 0.02704 seconds with 8 queries