View Single Post
Old October 3, 2004, 08:58 AM   #9
Joseph

Quartus, words of wisdom. As far as I am concerned, we're not talking sides, but rather tactics.

As I am trying to understand the issue, it seems Leatherman is siding with Kerry for the environmental issues. That is legitimate, and Bush has not been a champion on that front. He could, and should, do better. (Just talk to the folks at Ducks Unlimited.)

But RKBA is, for me and most folks here, a more important issue. I shudder at the thought of Kerry winning, not just because I'd have to watch his ugly a$$ every day, but for what he would do to our rights.

If he should win, Congress, weak-kneeded that it is, would still have to pass legislation and by all accounts it will still remain in Republican control.

Firebreaks, to be sure. But the job is to avoid the fire in the first place. Bush is safe here in NC, so I could sit on my fat butt and not do anything. However there are close swing states where we can encourage our brothers and sisters to man the barricades. I, for one, will help those who need it in those cases. That's where I am putting my energy.

Same side, different tactics.

Page generated in 0.03495 seconds with 8 queries