Thread: "Tachypsychia"
View Single Post
Old November 6, 2007, 11:37 AM   #2
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

There are many "non-firearm" related tasks that assist in this regard.
My father was a cross country trucker for many decades and always stopped for auto accidents. He often had me along. I was red cross first aid trained at 11 YO he often counted on me to assist at different degrees thru my teen years. I also had a few buddies that suffered motorcycle wrecks while i was there alongside... Assisting in these events helped me to keep my head and ACT rather than REACT! Also I feel hunting regularly helps if you are fully aware of repercussions of poor shot placement and conscientiously being aware of the results helps a human handle a human vs. human situation.
Another option I am able to use and so is "junior" is hog hunting with dogs and NO GUNS... When we hear our curr/bay dogs bayed on a hog we know that they could be facing a mean adversary and we have to release bulldogs to catch and hold the hog. Once the bulldogs are loose, iot is very important to act fast and maintain composure as these hogs will devastate dogs in no time at all. it is no time for second guessing the decision to be a hog dogger! We have to rely on our bulldog/s to hold ANY hog no matter how big or bad he is or how long his razor sharp tusks are, It is the job of the human to grab the back legs and tip it over so the dogs can be pulled off. We than tie up the hog and remove it alive. These heat of the moment moments really help to teach a person of any age the ability and importance of clearheaded behavior before, during and after the heat of battle. I am SUPER glad junior has had these experiences from pretty young to add to his "life lessons" for moments in the future when he may have to make split second decisions to defend himself with a gun and his need to be TOTALLY rationale after the event...
Brent

Page generated in 0.03627 seconds with 8 queries