View Single Post
Old May 14, 2007, 09:51 AM   #23
gvf

Tried it

I tried it and it produced too much tension. I'm sure it's good for you though if it works.

I'm "teaching myself" for SD purposes, no courses in my area. I try to stand balanced, body to target, or side stance, and alternate between two and one-handed. Since tension will certainly be there in any possible encounter I do a lot of "muscle-isolation": keeping arm/s straight but relaxed, but strong, firm grip, shoulders relaxed, knees "broken" so legs are flexible should I have to move quickly etc/ I'm not so conerned with perfect stance since I would be quickly assuming one and quickly aiming due to conditions of the moment. I want to be flexible so I even shoot from a "bad" stance in case I would have to. But my constant focus is muscle-isolation and relaxing muscle groups that cause tension, hand trembling, neck tension etc., and consequent poor aim. I seem to shoot well now in many stances and positions. When my body is poised but relaxed, I just naturally seem to aim well. When I TRY REAL HARD, the shots are way off. And in the stance you described I was doing that: TRYING.

Last edited by gvf; May 14, 2007 at 10:18 AM. Reason: spell

Page generated in 0.03653 seconds with 8 queries