View Single Post
Old October 17, 2005, 07:57 PM   #17
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Answers and responses to some questions here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joven
Seems I inadvertantly kicked over a Hornet's nest.
You sure did. Let's see how we can make it play out to answer your question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joven
Since y'all are going to be in the great state of Texas, why not bait the hogs with some corn or better yet hunt over a feeder and/or hunt at night with lights?
We could, but we don't. I have no problem with this kinda hunting and am currently admiring the Black Bear trophy I took in Canada last year, in just that manner. (It arrived tonight.)

But, in that case, the "hunter" is the one who set the bait or feeder; "we" are only the shooter......much like an Africa Safari, which I've done thrice and will again in Fall '06....the "hunter" is the guide; we are simply the shooter.

American Hog gives us a great opportunity to be the Hunter. That's the way we do it at Camp Greg/Ashley/Rich. Sometimes we get a hog, posing in pink tutu from the truck; more often it's a stalk, a drive or an ambush. Ashley still gets full value credit as the PH; but the rest of us really do get to be Hunters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip20
Is this resume available for all to see - as in a website? Who is Harley Quinn!?
Details of his background are up to Harley. Suffice it to say, for me, I am impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Quinn
It will be up to Rich to guide me to the location and point the way.
No, in fairness, that is Ashley's job. I am less a shooter than you or Johnny and FAR less a PH (Professional Hunter) than Ashley.

Quote:
I'd appreciate information in regard to knives used for these tough, thick skinned critters
While Ashley works with, carrys and SWEARS BY Cold Steel Knives, his favored skinner is made by Tim Wegner at BladeTech.

For me, Tom Mayo Folder and Mad Dog fixed blade knives.....all the way.
Rich

Page generated in 0.03859 seconds with 8 queries