View Single Post
Old June 20, 2006, 07:11 PM   #23
Omega blood

I really wish people would read and absorb a post before posting.

As some one who has live all my life in So.Cal. All I have to say there is no place like home.
Gun laws are tolerable to absurd and restrictive. Gun friendliness, as far as gun friendly people, it depends on who you talk to.
The smog! Depending on where exactly you live summer temps can be in the hi 90s to the low 100s. Winter temps in the 60s. Hot dry summers and wet/rainy winters. If it rains. The mudslides comment is over blown. It depends on where you live. Sinkholes are rare. Forest and brush fires are a real danger.
However you do have the beach about an hour away and the mountains (snow, skiing, fishing and hunting) another hour or two away.
The cost of housing and how long it takes you to get to work should also be a factor. New housing is being built all the time. Starting cost (depending on where and what) is 350 to 450 thousand. That’s new if you can find one close to where you will be living. Established houses will cost minimum 500-600 thousand. If you pick one of the more “inexpensive” houses expect to sit in traffic and have a 1.5+ hour commute to and from work. Apartments are in the high 900-dollar range for a sing bedroom.
As was stated before there is no middle class. Only affluent, struggling and dirt poor and living in someone else’s house.
I can almost guarantee you if you do move here you will move again with in 2 years. It will be a culture shock. And did I mention the smog?

Page generated in 0.02408 seconds with 8 queries