View Single Post
Old January 25, 2001, 01:07 AM   #50
LawDog
Staff Emeritus

I neither like, nor dislike, the Glock series.

I do note, however, that every popular pistol has been accused of accidental discharges. Anyone else here heard of the infamous ".45 butt"? Seems enough people shot themselves in the tuckuss while holstering the Government Model 1911A1, that the condition developed a name.

"Racing stripes" were here before Gaston Glock started getting goofy ideas while cleaning his wife's Tupperware. Seems a bunch of detectives in California during the 1970's were perforating the old love handles while holstering their snub revolvers in vertical shoulder holsters.

"Castration carry" may have been amusing, but there was more than a grain of truth in it, and I heard the term waaa-aaay before Glock hit the US.

Do there seem to be more "accidental"(negligent) discharges with the Plastic Fantastic? Well, yes, but there seems to be a lot more Glocks in service than other weapons.

I'm sure that if the revolver were to be as popular and widespread as the Glock, people would be saying the same thing about those weapons.

On a business note: Keep. It. Civil.

LawDog

Bona na Croin

The LawDog Files

Page generated in 0.04286 seconds with 8 queries