View Single Post
Old August 28, 2008, 02:01 AM   #13
SlowIsSmoothIsFast

We wouldn't want her flinching because she's not used to more gun. Just tell her to be careful about shot placement and not rush herself. My fellow hunters have lost gut-shot deer that they shot with 30-06 ballistics tips. If ya miss, ya miss.

I went hunting with my dad at 9 or 10 and started carrying a .223 at 11. Then and every year since then I've got a deer. Five of them with the .223. Never missed. One shot was a deer at well over 400 yards I hit him in the spine with the .223. Not necessarily where I was aiming, it was only a 4x scope too, sooo... not the safest shot I've taken. Now, using the .270 with SST's they run just as far, heck further it seams, even though their hearts are liquid. Liquihearts

But seriously, if you miss.... YOU FREAKING MISS .... And if she's not a great shot she needs to limit the range she shoots from anyways.

It was an AR-15. Next up was a .270 and I was only 11 so my dad had me using that first. It was plenty light too, one year a friend wounded a deer and it came over to our stand. We got out to look for it, it got up about 20 years away in the bush and ran for it, I popped the AR-15 up and could barely shoulder it I was so small and had so much clothing on, but I put one though it's heart, and the next second my dad put on through the lungs with a .308 and it dropped. And guess what. Not only was it just gutshot by our friend, but it had a wound on it's leg from when our other friend hit it with his bow weeks before! Poor guy got shot by 4 different people. At least my dad and I are blessed with some wikid skillzz. XD

Page generated in 0.04002 seconds with 8 queries