View Single Post
Old August 31, 2008, 03:13 AM   #23
gedenke

Wow, lots of great replies on this one...thanks guys!

As for the deer size here, they're Blacktails and are not as big as Muleys, but definitely a little thicker than a southern Whitetail. On the other hand, my buck from last year was just over 200lbs, so you never know.

On the issue of telling her to "forget it" if she wants to bring the .223, well I won't do that. She's in the same boat as a lot of us where she doesn't have the luxury to just go out buy a new gun at will. She wants to learn how to hunt and I feel obligated to give her that opportunity. Besides, if I don't show her the right way, someone else might show her the "wrong way".

I think whiskey hit the nail on the head in suggesting that I do my part and teach her the proper way to hunt the way so many have done for all of us over our lifetimes. Hopefully, I can help her not make the mistakes I've made. I'll offer her my 6.5mm to use if she's comfortable with it and do my best to prepare her for the hunt.

Page generated in 0.02224 seconds with 8 queries