View Single Post
Old February 11, 2009, 12:13 AM   #47
FyredUp

Quote:
EricReynolds: 1 example: registering guns would be a means to regulate that has nothing to do with restricting. Guns that illegally make their way to the streets through straw purchases would be able to be traced to the original buyer. That buyer would then have to account for the gun. It wouldn't be a restriction at all. Another example: Background checks as simple as a NICS checks at time of purchase. The only people that would restrict would be people who ought not have a gun. So this is my BS dance around the forum? Because I have other opinions than you? I've said it before, I'll say it again. You're rude.
Umm, what country do you live in? We already have a 48 hour waiting period for purchase of pistols in Wisconsin. This includes a criminal background check and filling out federal paperwork. REGISTRATION is here already.

I may be rude in your mind, in my mind you are delusional. Registration is the clear path to confiscation. Anything the government keeps track of is subject to their whim of if and when they decide to confiscate it.

You can have whatever opinion you choose, as can I. You don't like me because I don't sugar coat what I have to say. I don't really care for you because I see you as a compromiser who is more than willing to give away my rights as a law abiding citizen. All the while hiding behind semantics and playing the oh so offended victim.

Page generated in 0.02515 seconds with 8 queries