Thread: Mag springs?!
View Single Post
Old June 8, 2001, 07:46 PM   #1
Johnny Rad

WHOA?! I just popped for two NIW mags and just happened to take one of them apart for no reason. As things go, I wasn't exactly sure how to orient the mag bits before I put it back together so I carefully took apart one of my older mags.

The new mag's spring is definitely longer than the springs in my year old mags. That being said, the old mag has NEVER (knock on wood) given me an ounce of trouble. However, I do have my pistol loaded 24x7, but alternate mags every 3-4 weeks - leaving the unused mags empty, of course.

* Has anyone else noticed their springs getting shorter over time and not experience or suspect mag related failures? Maybe the mag spring is designed to lose x% of its height within the first little while still maintaining its functionality .. or is this dreaming?!

I know we've argued whether or not mag springs lose their memory and I don't want to open that can of worms - but, maybe its time again? Regardless, that's why I've choosen to alternate mags and leave the unused ones empty.

YOUR THOUGHTS?!

Page generated in 0.02042 seconds with 8 queries