Thread: Mag springs?!
View Single Post
Old June 23, 2001, 03:28 AM   #12
George Helser

Johnny Rad,

The mag spring is the last one I would worry about. Most gunfights are over after three shots. If your mag springs lose more tension “than the gun manufacturer intended” it will be the last rounds in the mag that potentially will fail to feed. Does it matter if round 10 in your mag feeds reliably 100% of the time if you are unlikely to ever need round 4 in a gunfight? Frankly, I have many handguns and rifles with high capacity magazines
which have always been kept loaded for more than 20 years and still function perfectly. Why would a perfectly good spring go bad from just being loaded? (My 87 Benz suspension springs have been loaded for 14 years but it has not sagged at all even
though I drive it all the time over bumpy roads. Have the springs failed in your car?)

What about the hammer spring in your arm that is left cocked too long??? Will it fail to fire??? What about all the other springs in your arms? Wollfe only makes a few springs for a few arms! Should we throw out all our arms every few years or every few thousand rounds cause they were made with defective springs?

Who carries cocked and locked? How often have you replaced your hammer spring which is under constant pressure and massive recoil forces? How often has the hammer spring failed?

IN SUMMARY:
- If you feel better by replacing perfectly good springs in your arms with aftermarket springs, I do not want you on my team.
- If you bought an arm that has defective springs which quickly fail, tell me which arms are defective so I can keep them off my team.
- If you are writing on the forum anonymously trying to trick unsuspecting users to throw out perfectly good springs and replace them with aftermarket springs, I do not want you
on my team.

Where do you stand? How often do you replace the springs in your car, keyboard, VCR remote, etc?

Regards,
George
In sunny Arizona

P.S. Some on the forum will strongly disagree with me. I don’t care about you! I am concerned about the vast majority here who have perfectly good springs in their arms and should NOT replace them with questionable after-market springs!

Page generated in 0.02161 seconds with 8 queries