Thread: Mag springs?!
View Single Post
Old July 14, 2001, 05:51 PM   #24
weldonjr2001

45Colt

Those are some very good and valid points. I've always thought of battering ocurring as the slide recoils under the force of several hundred pounds of muzzle energy being generated - not as the spring closes the slide but I guess there is wear in both directions. Sure makes sense. I know I can hold the slide open against the recoil spring with my thumb and forefinger. It makes me wonder if I could hold the slide in the closed position with my thumb and forefinger as I touch off a round. I'll probably never try it, but I'm sure the recoil force has a little more steam behind it than the spring closing force and that's the one I'm trying to protect against in my alloy frame Beretta 92. Now I realize that protection isn't free, as I guess a little more wear is ocurring during the closing. Dang it. I'll probably be trying to analyze this for the next 3 months. In which direction is slide velocity worse?
My head is already starting to hurt.

After you remove the magazine springs from the oven do you let them cool at room temperature, quench them in water or just turn the oven off and let them cool gradually? That sounds like something I'd really like to try with some older springs I've got laying around.

Page generated in 0.12124 seconds with 8 queries