View Single Post
Old April 19, 2008, 02:33 AM   #21
mellow_c

This is why

One of my Uncles told me he thinks all hand guns should be outlawed. I should have asked him if he would like to add baseball bats, axes, hatchets, knives, darts, spikes, spears, swords, bottles, can openers, pens, pencils, and rocks to that list. People like to play with things. As long as they do it safely, there is no problem. Anyone can murder anyone else with anything.

If Americans were to turn in all their semi automatic firearms, what do you think would be next? Pump and lever action's, then after that, they would just take all our guns, and we'd no longer be America. We'd be a country of slaves. Freedom is a great and wonderful thing. and The Government and alot of the American people have been willingly chipping away at our Freedoms to add to the illusion of safety. I mean for God's sake, just look at the new mandatory seat belt law. Thats my choice if I want to risk dying in a car accident, not the Governments. But they think they need to protect us from our selves. And most people think the Government needs to protect us from other people. No one seams to understand the idea of protecting our selves from the Government And/Or other people.

I've read many places before that the Police have no legal responsibility to protect someone from a crime in progress. They have the option to if they would like. But they dont have to. And even if they decided to try and save you from a guy with a knife (which they probably would) they will usually not be there in time to do so. So, what are you gona do. Hope that your not scared and that you are a better fighter than the guy with the knife? Or do you want the option to have a real and legal means of protecting yourself.

People always have this idea that if everyone caries a gun that there will be shoot outs going on all the time. This is obviously not true since there are not shoot outs all the time, and anyone who qualifies can already carry a gun. (Besides, most of the shoot outs that I have heard of in my life time have not been shoot outs at all, they have been one sided massicers that have taken place in "GUN FREE" zones) The only place there is to go is down. People voting away their own freedoms, and politicians telling them it will make them safer.

Criminals will always have guns, and if guns were outlawed, and you obey the law, then your already screwed. Imagine living in a world where only the government and criminals owned guns. We'd all be a bunch of sheep surrounded by wolves.

If by some amazing feat, the Government was able to collect mostly all of the guns from civilians AND criminals (over a long long time) the criminals would sill be happy, because they would have nothing to fear from the civilians. I heard that in Australia a man came in an old ladies house, she hid in her bedroom, he came in and smothered her with a pillow and got away. If she was able to keep a pistol in her night stand, Australia would have been without one more murdering criminal and still had their sweet old lady. Sadly this was not the case.

Anyway, my point about all of this is that, if the Government is aloud to put enough fear into people about Scary guns and how the only way we will be safe is to get ride of all of them, they will start with semi auto, high capacity magazine, "assault" (they love that word, they would never say defensive, it's always gota be assault) type firearms. Claiming we have no need for them. Once people were used to that, then they would say we need to get ride of all the hand guns, Pistols and Revolvers alike. Claiming we dont need them, and that they will protect us, and that places are only more dangerous when such things are allowed, when really it's our only means of Absolute protection from someone who wished to have their way with us. Then they would say, we dont need any type of rifles either, and would attack the hunting community by saying "no one needs to hunt to survive, we all have supermarkets" And that the hunters are only making the world unsafe for "the rest of us" and before a full generation had gone by, the American people would have been striped of their guns and become completely controlled by their government, and at the mercy of criminals everywhere.

That's why Civilians need Semi Automatic Fire Arms.

Thanx Spread the word!

Last edited by mellow_c; April 19, 2008 at 02:49 AM. Reason: grammer

Page generated in 0.02321 seconds with 8 queries