View Single Post
Old April 28, 2024, 08:35 AM   #68
Nathan

Quote:
IMHO, the best caliber is whatever you can afford and can shoot proficiently.
What are the criteria and minimum acceptable performance for those? How do they balance against each other. For example, I believe most skilled shooters would have high proficiency with a 22LR and it is $3-$5 per 50 vs a 44 mag which many would have medium to low proficiency and $70 per 50. So we should all get 22’s?

Quote:
The most important factor though is an operator of said firearm that can place shots into an assailant accurately under a high stress situation. A calm, resolute, good marksman with a .22 is more dangerous than a hysterical, person that never trains with their gun and has a 9mm or .45.
Is this another vote for 22?

Quote:
So my question is: With what pistol/caliber are you most likely to hit what you intend to hit?
22LR definitely.

I’m not really picking at this, people to consider the balance between practical accuracy, shot-to-shot speed and bullet performance.

To me those are what gun/cartridge can I shoot 0.33s or better splits, place all shots on a paper plate at 7 yds and is the best bullet performance I’ll carry. Obviously cost of ownership keeps some rounds out of there.

Page generated in 0.03381 seconds with 8 queries