Thread: My next gun
View Single Post
Old April 5, 1999, 12:11 PM   #4
Dennis
Staff Emeritus

Nuclear explosions generate such severe levels of EMF (?electromagnetic force?) that (25 years ago) the military said all radio communication and computer operations would be inoperable or even destroyed. I do not know what research has proven since then, but what effect would such EMF have on such weapons as "My next gun"?

Also, I believe I saw on (?the Discovery Channel?) a program called "InSight". LawEnforcement research into this field indicated that LE may be able to disrupt typical electrical usage, in a home (for example), to permanently destroy computers, microwaves, TVs, and even disrupt the use of common light bulbs (or destroy them). This being done with EMF generating devices. I believe they called one an "EMF cannon" or something similar.

Naturally such weapons as high intensity low-cyle sound waves (causing disabling nausea), EMF "devices" and other technically advanced non-lethal law enforcement "aids" would only be used to protect American subjects... er,... citizens in hostage and "stand-off" situations. Such "tools" would never be used against large groups of men, women, elderly, children, and infants or to attack some remote mountain "stronghold".

((Sorry, that may have been a bit "off thread". The connection is "electronics".))

If the barrels must be re-loaded or sent to the factory for re-loading, there would have to be some device to quickly change barrels. I wonder if that device would be called a magazine or a clip.

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited April 05, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.03291 seconds with 8 queries