View Single Post
Old October 3, 2008, 12:15 PM   #52
David Armstrong

Quote:
That's BUNK, David. I agreed to no such policy when I hired on. The company changed the rules after I had 25 years service. Guess I should have quit and found another job and lost my retirement. Right?
Did you continue to take the company money and retirement benefits, with the understanding that you were following the new rules?
Quote:
....like Mr. Armstrong, who consider the company's policy more important than their life and wish to comply.
Please, let's not make things up and try to present them as factual. that is another example of being dishonest. While possible, I can think of no company policy that is more important than my life right off the top of my head. However, I go back to a couple of points. If you fear for your life so much that you're afraid to come to work without a gun, I suggest you find new employment. And, no matter how you try make it smell nice, it boils down to "I think it is OK for me to be dishonest just for money, but I don't think it should work that way for the company." Sorry, my personal code does not allow me to lie or cheat just to make a buck. I've seen way too many folks use that justification under way too many circumstances. I'm not down on those whose moral fiber points a different direction, but I am down on those who attempt to use hypocrisy to justify dishonesty.

Page generated in 0.02686 seconds with 8 queries