View Single Post
Old October 4, 2008, 04:03 PM   #67
Tennessee Gentleman

Quote:
There may be, but as I said basing actions on them is impractical, as each of us may have a different higher law.
I think that is called a conscience. I have no problem with those who choose to follow theirs.

Quote:
OK, I follow you now. And I don't disagree, sometimes you might not be honest because it serves the greater good to be dishonest. I don't think that changes the fact that one is being dishonest, however.
So being dishonest isn't always bad? I agree with that, especially when you are disobeying an unjust rule.

Quote:
Must have change UCMJ from back in the 70s.
I was in then, it has never been different. You have inferred on two occasions in post #46 and again in post #60 that if you don't openly disobey the unjust law it is wrong and I disagree.

Quote:
Please show us anywhere I have said you should follow the rules no matter what.
You haven't said otherwise until your last post and that seems to be the theme of your argument from the beginning. The rules are the rules and if you break them you are dishonest. You reject disobeying unjust laws unless the aggrieved party does it openly. I disagree as well.

Quote:
Honesty should not be based on what you think, but on what you do.
It must be based on both.

However, Glenn is right this is drifting. My final bottom line and the final word from me is thus:

Every person has an inalienable right to self defense.

Any employer who denies employees the right to carry must provide equal protection to these employees or the rule is unjust.

If the employer does not provide the protection and prohibits carry then the employee is justified in disobeying the rule, secretly if need be but may be fired if caught. Purely a conscience call I feel.

Page generated in 0.02489 seconds with 8 queries