View Single Post
Old May 5, 2000, 10:05 PM   #24
bestdefense357

Chris,

I've been out of town all week and away from my computer so this is the first I've heard of this. First, let me congratulate your wife for surviving. Many women don't live to tell about such assaults. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Secondly, most people who are violently assaulted (particularly women) suffer some form of Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. It usually doesn't manifest itself until weeks, months, or even years later. Interviews I've done with victims of violent assault have convinced me that counseling will be needed. If your wife would like to speak with someone who has been through a similar attack, let me know. You can email me at [email protected] if interested.

Again, my best wishes go out to you and your wife. Continued good luck to you.

Robert

P.S. In one case I read about, a woman shot an intruder in her home and police couldn't locate the guy. They had no clues until eight months later when they found a body in a ditch a few miles from the woman's home. They tested the .22-caliber bullet in his chest and matched it to the woman's gun. Police concluded that an accomplice dumped the wounded man in the ditch where he lay until he was found. Maybe your wife's attacker will be so lucky.

Page generated in 0.03850 seconds with 8 queries