View Single Post
Old March 1, 2009, 06:56 PM   #10
OnTheFly

Chris,

I have to say that is great news about your convert friend. I have offered to take several people (men and woman) to shoot. Only one has taken me up on it and that was because he was preparing for firearms qualification at his job as a corrections officer.

My wife has no interest in shooting despite the fact that her dad was an avid hunter, police chief, and strong supporter of 2A rights. Another female friend of ours is a staunch liberal. I thought about introducing her to shooting with a .22 pistol, and I offered same. She hasn't taken me up on it, but since I made the offer she has said some things that make me think having her around any firearm is a bad idea.

She said something along the lines of "I would probably shoot myself" or maybe it was "shoot person xxxx". I'm not sure if it was a typical far left response to firearms, or if she missed some medication that day. I suppose part of it is that she associates guns with killing/death and figured if a gun is going to be fired, then death must follow. I'm not sure, but it is outside my realm of thinking.

Anyhow...congrats on winning some ground for the pro-gun crowd.

Fly

Bang... Bang... Bang...

Page generated in 0.03626 seconds with 8 queries