View Single Post
Old November 19, 2006, 08:55 AM   #24
Ralph2

I already did.

My Walther has less case support and a sloppier chamber than my G22. My CZ must have really bad case support because it is the only 40 that bulges cases that I have. I moved recently and can't find my calipers to measure the dimensions on the CZ. CZ 9mm also bulges cases where a very old G17, G26, Skyy, do not.

Plus have there been any KB's of recent date with new ammunition since one of the makers of the cases was reported to have quietly beefed up the back of the case? Note also that AA#5 has a warning with it's use as a propellant in 40's. Seems many of the KB's must have been traced back to that powder.

I have personally seen the remains of two KB'd revolvers One a 45 LC one a 45 ACP. One reloads one not. Both had "fully supported" chambers. Both lost topstraps and most of each chamber around the KB. To date I haven't seen a pistol KB at the ranges. Seen them jam and break but they were mostly cheap mouseguns or 1911's. To date I have not seen anyone throw or cuss incessantly at their Glocks or Sigs for failure once again.

I must add I have a couple 1911's one works fine and one is a second hand Kitchen Table Bubba job that I am slowly fixing the damage wrought to the poor thing.

Page generated in 0.02009 seconds with 8 queries