View Single Post
Old June 21, 2001, 10:43 AM   #18
Onslaught

DDT4FREE LMAO!!!! "4x4 remote controlled truck !!"

As I have commented to LawDog before:

The "flashlight to the side" technique is standard fare in Criminal Justice classes, etc. and has been for YEARS! The bad guys know this sneaky little trick of yours, and know to aim to the left of the light. Of course, as has also been mentioned here, That fire is not going to be aimed, at most it's point and shoot, and you're as likely to get hit with your flashlight awkwardly out to the side as you are if you taped the flashlight to your forehead!

I do feel that the dedicated flashlight on a gun works best for SWAT and Home Defense situations, not for day to day police duty. And as others have pointed out here, there are new and improved techniques for safely using your flashlight. If I'm searching for an armed felon, I ain't using no flashlight to "look around" (bad grammer intentional). Even those SWAT guys normally carry an additional hand-held flashlight for "looking around" you only, no I mean ONLY use the Harries technique or gun mounted flashlight for entry or immediate threat situations where you would be pointing your pistol at a suspect ANYWAY, NEVER to "look around".

But as for me, it doesn't matter, cuz I switched majors...I'm a computer geek, not LEO, and only use my HK USP45 and UTL to protect the family. The light doesn't come on until AFTER I've located the potential intruder, and then it gets shined on him/her only after I'm already aiming at him.

PS - GO KEN!!! I suggest following Ken J. Good's link...

Last edited by Onslaught; June 21, 2001 at 01:13 PM.

Page generated in 0.02765 seconds with 8 queries