View Single Post
Old January 15, 1999, 03:08 PM   #64
Patrick

Morgan -

Cudos for your ingenuity. Some people will do anything to get that "broken in"look. These kids ae not just buying your jackets, they are buyng the opportunity to tell some fantastic stories.

Of course, if your leathers were the flaming red, yellow, orange, or neon green commonplace among sport bikers, they do not really qualify as tactical leathers. Unless of course they are being deployed as a diversionary tactic.

Come to think of it, that might be a great distraction the next time we need to take someone out of a fortified location. Stage a tremendous motorcycle wreck in front of their house and nab them when they come out to gawk!

pat - get real. I have never seen anyone rapelling out of a squad car. As far as the people who are the wannabe's, they generally are not found on tac teams. Guys who can and have walked the walk genreally are very levelheaded folks who desire to keep a low profile and would hate to be shown in operation on the six o'clock news.

The high angle option, while not often needed in most areas, is just another tool that can be used if needed. And it has been needed on more than one occasion to save someone's bacon. In addition, fire departments train people in these techniques and occasionally deploy along with cops for high angle or confined space rescues.

As for the real troops, keep up the good work men. As for the wannabe's, well, they are basically harmless, and everyone should have a goal to reach for. If they ever do attain the rating of a SWAT operator they will eventually realize their earlier folly. By the way, none of us could join SAS, GSG-9, etc because they are foreign military teams. And I've already put in my time seving our country.

Patrick

Page generated in 0.02650 seconds with 8 queries