View Single Post
Old June 19, 2009, 08:09 AM   #5
Mr. James

What an intriguing scenario! Well done.

You can't shoot him (at least not in most states), and I don't believe you would be morally justified in using lethal force even if the law gave you the green light.

I suspect I'd do the stupid thing, such as trying to forcibly evict him from the vehicle, probably accompanied by a torrent of profanity. But that would reflect exasperation and anger, not clear thinking. Alternatively, I might give him a liberal marinating with pepper spray to see if I could make the current location too unpleasant for him.

With that helpful update from the wife, you don't have a strong hand to play here.

Perhaps the smartest thing to do would be to document the entire incident on video/photographs for Johnny Law when he finally is able to show up. At least you could enter the footage in America's Funniest Videos, and maybe win enough cash to repair your ride!

"When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." —Frederic Bastiat

Page generated in 0.03968 seconds with 8 queries