Thread: WalMart...
View Single Post
Old August 12, 2005, 11:50 PM   #15
chemist308

I'm starting to think that while that store may be good for things like aspirin, cheap laundry detergent or maybe even a fishing lure or two, they really don't have what they need to be a respectable gun dealer. They've got good prices what is physically there, but if you're looking for something specialty I don't know about going there. Hardwood stocks in their display cases are less common, muzzleloaders are considered 'seasonal,' and good quality rifles like what I wanted are special order. Out of all the people that work sporting goods at this place I only know of 1 or 2 that actually knows the difference between a flintlock, caplock and inline rifle--I personally think that one of those two should be running the place... But knowledge of things like barrel twist and affect on ballistics is something you really only find at gunshops, and often only in owner operator shops. Still I thought: if it can be ordered, I know what I'm looking for so I'd do okay.

All I can say is this: my next gun is coming from a gunshop or private individual. I'm finding detailed knowledge and a little passion for what one is selling should be rewarded.

Page generated in 0.03500 seconds with 8 queries