Thread: WalMart...
View Single Post
Old August 16, 2005, 10:24 AM   #25
Edward429451

Ah yeah. Corporate Walmart would be a horse of a different color. Who wants to send American money to China? Not me. Or as least as possible anyway. I bet they don't order their Federal shotshells from china. No PolyTech for us either.

I help the peasants out of the field in China by not buying anything obviously from China, but am not fanatical about it. They're flooding the heating & A/C market over here now with Chinese equipment, Haier Brand. Fair priced equipment with fairly good set of controls on it, but I refuse to use it for my customers. My longtime supply house switched from an American brand to the Chinese Haier's, and now everytime I go in there they say Ed, how come you haven't been buying any furnaces or A/C units lately? So I told them cause it was Chinese. He didn't even know. I had to take him over to a display unit and show him the ROC sticker on it. There's maybe 20K a yr that don't go to China. Don't let your Heat & A/C guys install Haier equipment for you. The contractor saves 100 bucks a unit and sells it to you for the same price as the American Equipment. China wins and uses the money to make strong their Military, while the Rheem guys get laid off maybe.

Page generated in 0.02261 seconds with 8 queries