View Single Post
Old May 30, 2001, 02:48 PM   #19
Mr. James

Interesting thread...

On one hand, I'd have to agree with Mike Irwin that an aggressive anti-gun prosecutor could have a field day describing in all its gory detail this "vigilante execution," including the coup de grace administered to this fallen, possibly mortally wounded, scumbag - er, poor, defenseless victim. After all, it will never do if the sheeple start taking up arms and defending themselves; there'd be mayhem in the streets, as compared to the perfect comity and order that presently obtain.

On the other hand, this sumb**** just kidnaped a woman after gunning down her mother in her own home. I'd be loathe to conclude this threat was not ongoing - who knows what the hell he's capable of?

As to Art Eatman's happy observation, I can't recall a case where the authorities openly opined that it was self defense, but later changed their collective minds and filed charges. I'm sure it's happened, though.

"When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." —Frederic Bastiat

Page generated in 0.03533 seconds with 8 queries