View Single Post
Old December 19, 1999, 02:56 PM   #5
JimR

12-34hom, it may not be what you meant, but what I heard (reading between the lines) was "don't be outraged, just let the system take care of this, and everyone will forget about the latest outrage in a couple of weeks." I refuse to not be outraged.

I'd like to propose the end of no-knock raids RIGHT NOW. The corollary is that I also propose the end of the War on Drugs, which has arguably been more damaging to the nation than Viet Nam ever was. The failed WOD is always reason #1 trotted out to explain: Why is there a need for no-knock raids? I say there isn't.

We hear of stories of this nature at least monthly, and from all around the nation. All kinds of LEA's are arming up and creating SWAT teams, who tend to be all dressed up with not enough to do. Anything that creates this much of this kind of behavior is worse than the disease. Drug addiction rates are not much different now than they were at the turn of the century when all this stuff was legal. The WOD is a failure, the tactics of those fighting it seem a precursor to totalitarianism (the People become inured to the sight of the State gunning down the innocent in cold blood), and the law enforcement dollars could be put to better purposes.

Making excuses for LEA's/LEO's who are too zealous to make no-knocks and not careful enough about doing their homework is not acceptable.

JimR
=============================================

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."

-- H. L. Mencken

Page generated in 0.02473 seconds with 8 queries