View Single Post
Old March 1, 2011, 11:46 PM   #20
zippy13

This is an old thread, so it's new to many, including me. I take issue with the OP's comment:
Quote:
Major peeve: Because of the way Mossberg designed the release catch for the slide - you have to change your grip when using a pistol grip / spec ops stock to release the slide safety catch on the left side of the trigger. Unless you have a super long thumb. (which I do not...) -1 to design.
This is a reasonable comment -- the safety slider (located on the top of the receiver, not on the left -- the OP confused the safety with the action release) is far from being readily accessible with a detached pistol grip stock; but, it's not a problem caused by Knoxx. Many times it's been mentioned that the ergonomics of the Mossberg do not work well with a detached pistol grip. If you want an accessible safety catch in a shotgun with a detached pistol grip stock, then a Remington-type safety location makes more sense.

It was the OP's choice to mix a Mossberg and a detached pistol grip. The Knoxx folks are just responding to market demand and shouldn't have been given a negative mark because the OP made an uninformed decision. There will probably be a lot more gun owners who repeat this ergonomic mismatch; but, hopefully they won't be readers of this forum.

Page generated in 0.02928 seconds with 8 queries