View Single Post
Old February 3, 2005, 09:37 PM   #12
snacktrack

I was wondering this very same situation. In fact, this happened to the brother of one of my co workers. Where this carjack was different though, is that his brother didnt know it was a carjack until he was shot in the head. His brother's friend saw two guys he knew that needed a ride. They got in the back seat. One of them drew a .22 and shot his brother in the back of the head to rob him. Amazingly, he wasnt seriously hurt

The crazy thing is, the guy I work with, his father was shot in the head and lived too. I told the guy I work with, I hate to tell you dude, but bad things come in threes. Not a thing to joke about. But just pretty amazing both his dad and his brother both shot in the head, and both lived.

These guys must have been lousy shots. Anyway, with this type of situation I think it would almost be impossible to draw on someone. I would have to say, floor it. I definitely am not getting out of the car. I'd rather have my door to protect me than get out and have no protection. I would ram the corner of the car in front of me if I had to.

I think most on here would fantasize that they could draw without the guy seeing them, but I think that would be extremely difficult. The thing is, you would never give your car up to someone who doesnt have a gun already drawn on you, so its almost a given the gun is against the window.

By the way...how do you guys carry when you are in your car anyway? DO you take the gun out and stick it between the seats? Or jus tleave it in the holster?

Page generated in 0.02117 seconds with 8 queries