View Single Post
Old February 4, 2005, 02:04 PM   #16
USP45usp

Some things that you can do to NOT get into this situation:

1. If your doors don't automatically lock when you start the car, go and get an aftermarket alarm that has this option (side point, mine also came with auto interior light when you turn off the alarm).

2. Do not stop the "normal" 1/2 foot from the back bumper of the car in front of you. I stop about 7 feet away. This allows you to turn the wheels and floor the gas if you can.

3. My pistol is placed inbetween the seat and the center consel. It not only grips the holster/gun well but when you draw the holster will stay behind as the gun is released.

4. After you stop, check your mirrors. I check review first (to see if the car behind me is going to stop) then the sides. The reason that I check the sides last is because you should have already gotten an idea of what is going on since you are coming up to the stop.

If, for some reason, they get the drop on me then I would draw (if I couldn't speed away) and fire back if they fire. My windows are tinted so they will have a hard time seeing what I am doing.

Most of your car jackings are "hit and takes". If your doors are locked they can't just open the doors and they usually go on to the next.

Wayne

Page generated in 0.02220 seconds with 8 queries