View Single Post
Old February 6, 2005, 01:19 PM   #24
Shamus

Quote:
<snip>Twycross
If I was stopped at a crowded intersection, and for some reason, this guy got the drop on me (I either didn't see him coming, or didn't prepare for him), then it is probably to late to do anything in way of force. I would honk my horn, flash my lights, and, if necessary, back into the guy behind me. Draw as much attention to myself as possible. If the BG wants to kill me, there is not much I can do, but at least everyone should have seen what he looked like, and what he did. Hopefully, he will realize this and get out fast. If I am not in a crowded place, then I'm gone. Let him try to hit me then. Or I might try to run him over (not really).
I did try to run them over. Believe me there wasn't any time to honk anything, I just floored it and hung on to the wheel.

It happened a few years ago in south jersey while on business. 3 guys approach from the front at an intersection while I'm stopped at a light with 1 car in front of me. 1 stood in front between the 2 cars and 1 moved to the passenger door as the 3rd one went for the drivers door. Within seconds the light turned and the car in front of me pulled away leaving me trapped by the three guys. The guy on the passenger side reached for the door handle and my reaction was to floor it, turn the wheel to the right to sorta miss the guy in front, jump over the curb and bounce through the intersection and straight down a one-way street for 2 blocks until I could finally turn off.

I know I ran through the guy in front and heard a loud thud on the passenger side of the car but that's all I remember.
When I finally stopped about 2 miles away I looked at the car for damage or blood but found nothing. I have no idea what happened with the guy in front of the car but I do know thats why I kept driving cause I had the thought that he might be holding onto the top of the car.........

A CCW in that situation meant nothing. Instinct told me to move and move NOW.

Page generated in 0.02329 seconds with 8 queries