View Single Post
Old February 11, 2007, 12:46 PM   #28
OJ

Quote:
I got the progressive lenses a few years ago & immediately had problems. Not only did they blur top to bottom, but from side to side as well. It seemed there was only a small spot that I could actually focus through, and peripheral vision went to hell in a handbag.
I had the same problem and, I've had to get used to a lot of things in life. Incidentally, progressive lenses aren't the same thing as no-line bifocals - which I had thought they were.

I gave up bifocals the first time I tried to land my tail dragger Super Cub - conventional gear planes need to be landed nose high for the best "three-point" landing. Well I "rounded out" meaning floating in nose high and discovered the line between the distance part of the lenses and the near vision part hit exactly at the horizon so, the sky ahead was crystal clear but, the important part - the runway, was a complete blur!

I went to contacts and carrying reading glasses and never looked back. I guess my near vision for seeing sights may be a little blurred but not enough to create any problem for me.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Page generated in 0.02594 seconds with 8 queries