View Single Post
Old February 16, 2007, 02:41 AM   #36
buzzdraw

Progressives are wonderful, once you get used to them. Your eyes need to move to find the focal point you need, not your head as much as possible. With plain bifocals I can see crisply only at two distances. Bi = two doesn't it? Using the outer rim of the progressive, I have perfect focus at all distances. No way will I go backward. That said, they are lousy shooting glasses.

Try a set of flat top bifocals, flipped upside down, with the bifocal jammed hard into your nose and covering about 40% of the vertical measurement of your lens. You can do only distance vision for your non-master eye, unless you really do shoot with both eyes. Tell your eye doc you want a perfect focus at 30 inches, or whatever distance your front sight sits. Glasses cut to these pistol specs will also work well with most iron sighted rifles.

For these shooting specific glasses, you may want to consider ventilated sideshield glasses, with bigger than average lenses. Go for a light to medium amber tint, to crisp up things under most conditions.

Page generated in 0.03732 seconds with 8 queries