View Single Post
Old April 24, 2005, 04:34 PM   #9
Dave Sample

Thanks for the kind comments, Nick. The Millet Rear Sights come with a Black Target Blade that I used to like. I am a Black on Black man, myself. It was meant to work with the standard front G.C. front sight which was a post type sight great for Bullseye and other disiplines. They are very hard to find now as Colt no longer sells them, and I prefer to use an MGW Stake on Front sight for the '70 Series Cups whose front sights fly off almost every time and are lost in the dirt. It is a modified ramp serrated to take care of glare and I like it better than post type for drawing out of a holster. The '80 series have a .125 front sight that will never fail you. They do not come off! The .055 sight tenon that was standard for years is still with us, though.

Here is a picture of the sight before we staked it in. It had to be reduced from .125 to .055 on the mill first.

It's in to stay now. I like these sights on carry guns and have used them for years. They never come back!

This one is installed on a Norinco and the flat on the top of the slide is already there. So it comes down from.200 to .185 which I like for a fixed sighted 1911 with stock newer Colt rear sight. These are take off's so It costs me about $5.00 for new combat sights.

Yes, I know this doesn't have anything to do with Gold Cups much. I just hope you enjoy the pics. Note the Cold Blue, Nick

Page generated in 0.02901 seconds with 8 queries