View Single Post
Old May 28, 2009, 02:07 PM   #9
chemgirlie

I just got back from the hearing on microstamping. There were definately more pro-gunners than Bradys. I missed the catle doctrine as I can only be in one place at a time.

There was a pretty good turnout.

Todd Lizotte did pretty much the same spiel as he did in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sqpz...24C839&index=3

There was a police captain from Milwaukee who was on the Brady side. He emphasized that he had been with the PD for 30 years. He then went on to say that he didn't know how to remove the firing pin from his Glock, and that disassembling it was so complicated that one would need special training to do so, hence regular criminals wold never be able to figure out how to remove a firing pin.

After him the quality assurance manger for a company (I forget which one) took a Glock (with the permission of the capital police officers) and removed the firing pin in about 30 seconds.

I did a short spiel and showed the committee the firing pin that I had removed from my .45 this morning using an old Bic pen. I emphasized that I am not mechanically inclined and don't have any experience in law enforcement, but even common me could remove a firing pin easily.

There was one guy at the very end who seemed a bit.... odd (he was pro-gun). It ended on a weird note.

Friske ([email protected]) said he was on the fence and asked quite a few questions. Some of my favorites were when he asked Lizotte about how he would benefit financially from passing microstamping (there were a lot of umms and errrs at that question).

Last edited by chemgirlie; May 28, 2009 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Hit submit too soon.... oops

Page generated in 0.02993 seconds with 8 queries