View Single Post
Old November 17, 2008, 09:27 AM   #23
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Okay I couldn't stand the suspense further!!! All this hub-bub about the sound of a shot gun racking a shell will send a man running...
So I took all the shells out of mine, Checked it 2 more times and YELLED... FREEZE MUTHA F'ER And racked the action... Didn't scare me one bit... But my little pitbull mix female ran out of the room and momma's pomeranian/chihuahua cross bailed under the bed hitting her head on the way! So I shut off the lights (might work in the dark) tried it again and same result (NOTHING) I didn't run or poop my pants. Just stood there...
So I got the bright idea to include a second party. Called momma in the room and after explaining the hollerin' and why her dog was cowering and shaking under the bed I told her to just Cycle the action real hard and fast... DERN IT!!! Nothing again! Had her do the loud yell first (this was easy as she was still mad I scared her dog) and last result same as the rest... NO NEGATIVE REACTION OF FEAR! Don't believe it will work on more than a couple chicken dogs!

So I loaded my number 3 Buck back in my 20 gauge, 5 in the tube, 1 in the pipe (I would use larger buck but cannot find any for the 20 at walmart) and went to sleep. No shoot to wound nor "SHOOT TO I HOPE TO STOP THE THREAT..." for me. Flat out 2 COM of sho-nuff stopper shots!
Ya'll load what and how you wish but do not load what others believe should work. I have whacked far too many rabbits against a tree trunk to stop the flopping when shot at fairly close range with #7 1/2 or even #6...
After you have shot and killed or wounded several thousand animals followed by field dress and butcher duty you will have a better grasp on shotgun results...
Brent

Page generated in 0.03361 seconds with 8 queries