View Single Post
Old May 25, 2011, 03:25 PM   #12
Jim March

Well I'm absolutely glad Skeeter's work is now linked in this thread - and remember, this is the main "official" discussion thread linked to from within the PDF file.

If you compare Skeeter's methods to mine, you'll see that in some cases we get to the same place with different tricks. Fr'instance, the "flashlight trick" was not mentioned by Skeeter. There's two possible reasons for that: one, he didn't have flashlights near as good as what we have - small bright LEDs and personal "tactical grade" lights powered by CR123 lithium batteries, and two a lot more of the guns of his day had recessed chambers (the "pinned and recessed" S&Ws, etc.) which block a lot of light.

The "full lockup" thing happened because the original test gun was a late 1970s-era Charter Arms Undercover. And putting the gun into "full lockup" absolutely affected the cylinder play because like a Colt Python, that old Charter was designed as a "tight lockup" gun. But even on Rugers and S&Ws, I've seen enough difference between normal and 'full lockup" states to matter sometimes. So I went ahead and said "do it every time". For one thing, you never know if a gunsmith will have tuned up a Ruger, S&W or even a Taurus enough to make the lockup state matter.

You'll also note that Skeeter went on to discuss "bottom-feeders", although in much more limited fashion.

So...yeah, basically I think I can make a pretty good defense that I never plagarized Skeeter, in the 2001 or 2011 versions.

Page generated in 0.02246 seconds with 8 queries