View Single Post
Old February 27, 2009, 12:22 AM   #3
Scattergun Bob

advantage1one

I do not wish to beat the dead horse. But you did ask for suggestions.

1st - humans are heavily influenced by pictures and of weight are pictures of war fighters from the front. We see a lot of shotguns in these pictures with pistol grip only stocks (PGO) but we must understand that these are not "fighting scatterguns" they are specialized and effective breaching/gas throwing tools. The vendors of "toys" for our scatterguns also see these pictures and have exploited a nitch in the market place (you). They key idea here is that for them it is about money, not effectiveness.

2nd - I my mind you already have one of the most effective and useful "fighting stocks" available, KEEP IT. This manufacture has given great service to myself and many LE agencies with their police model I thru IV stocks. Their PGO stock is again for specialized tools.

3rd - It is difficult to get one's mind around truth that we can and do miss with a scattergun. Myth, legend and folk lore tell us that scatterguns hit without our hand/eye guidance. The reality of the street is that we MUST point the muzzle of our scattergun into a SPECIFIC target to get hits. So, here is my personal reality for you, THE CLOSER THE ENEMY IS TO YOU, THE MORE THE CHANCE OF MISSING. At ten feet our pattern with 00 buck is only about 3" at 20 feet it is about 6", it is not hard to miss with this size pattern.

4th - PGO stocks no matter who makes it do not transfer recoil as well as shoulder mounted stock. They are simply one of those trade offs, to reduce the overall size of the gun, we sacrifice point-ability and recoil management.

Hopefully some of what I have said rings true for you. In the end, you alone have to decide what compromises are to your advantage.

Good Luck & Be Safe

3rd -

Page generated in 0.03232 seconds with 8 queries