View Single Post
Old May 10, 2006, 09:50 PM   #2
RJay

I can give you a little information. Condensed version. The history of WC Scott and Son Starts in 1841 in Birmington. Thur the years various sons joined the firm and as the business grew they moved to various locations. In 1865 he patented cocking indicators, ( he had a number of patents ) In 1871 they moved to 10 Great Castle St, Regents Circus ( now Piccadilly). He was a master gunsmith and gun maker and well throught of. The locks he designed were used by Holland and Holland among others. Many of his guns were sold under other makers names. They were high end items. In 1897 He took over Richard Ellis and Son and then merged with P. Webley and Son and together they became Webley and Scott ( yes, that Webley and Scott ) So, your gun was made between 1871 and 1897, Value, I'm not qualified nor am I about to try and place a value on your shotgun. Its not worth much, maybe no more that 5 to 10 thousand. Thats about 4 pages of history compiled into several pargraphs. Best I can do , good luck

Page generated in 0.03011 seconds with 8 queries