View Single Post
Old May 20, 2001, 10:56 AM   #20
AR15shooter

Nukes for everyone?

I have to say that our founding fathers probably envisioned weapons of mass destruction, such as firearms of today, tanks, anti-aircraft guns, apache helicopters, and so on. SHould people be allowed to own thes types of weapons? Why not ,it is there right, but what if the likes of Charles Whitman had an M1 Abrahms or a tow missle system or the Millenium Falcon for that matter. Imagine the destruction that would be done, but remember the citzens who fired back would be equally armed. My thought is that nukes are built to intimidate and built with the hopes that they will never be used, Im sure the Russians love their children too. In the unlikely event that the govt ever turned on its citizens with nukes the populace would lose of course. In a conventional war we stand a chance(look at Afganistan) but in a nuclear war we are done. I dont think that the goverment has any right to have anything more powerful than the citizens do, Remember to fear the govt that fears your guns. They would most certainly fear our Nukes also.

Page generated in 0.02725 seconds with 8 queries