Thread: Lubricant Tests
View Single Post
Old July 17, 2007, 12:18 PM   #5
Clayton

I don't have any Eezox on hand or I would test it again, however I have tested Eezox in the past, and it is an excellent lubricant and rust preventative. I particularly don't care for the smell, but it has been around for quite awhile and works well as a CLP.

Eezox is not compatible with some plastics used in grips, small parts, etc. Several forum members have had it and the Tetra Gun products damage certain plastics in the past. Be careful with these products.

I'm still waiting on some products to arrive, so I did a few tests last night using some new M2 high speed steel drill bits.

Break-Free CLP is normally my control, as I know what it will do realistically, and IMHO, if a high tech product doesn't outperform a $5 can of Break-Free, what's the point?

Between Break-Free CLP, Rem-Oil, and MMC Gun Protector and Conditioning Spray, Break-Free is the clear winner. The other two showed signs of rust within six hours using a spray bottle filled with a teaspoon of sea salt and warm water. No rust on the Break-Free coated bit after 12 hours.

Testing MPC PL-10, Militec-1 grease, Tetra Gun grease, and Milcomm TW-25B for rust prevention on a piece of parkerized 1095 carbon steel, using the aforementioned salt spray. I'm betting on PL-10 and Militec-1 as the winners.

Testing Hoppes Elite gun oil, Militec-1, and Break-Free CLP today.

I hear lots of folks say they won't use a C-L-P because they don't work as well as xxx oil. Check out the other tests online and look at the lab tests and you will see otherwise. CLP's like Break-Free, Eezox, Tri-Flow, FP-10 and G96 normally come out on top.

I will begin testing products on firearms and other tools this weekend. I hope to have all my orders in by Friday.

Clay

Page generated in 0.02265 seconds with 8 queries