Thread: Lubricant Tests
View Single Post
Old July 18, 2007, 12:59 PM   #24
Clayton

Thanks George. I know that lots of folks, me included, really appreciate having you available to answer questions about your products as well as the whole aspect of lubrication in general.

George just let on to the reason why we don't see many tech guys or ceo's from the other companies posting on the forums - they immediately get bashed for being biased, etc. when in fact the information that they are providing is from an independant lab like SWRI, and is therefore UNbiased and reliable.

Lab results are great, but there are lots of different things to consider, and what works best for me may not be the best choice for you. A good look at your priorities, and whether they're good or bad, will go a long way in helping you pick good products, no matter what they are.

For instance, some folks go bonkers over a "green" product that is biodegradable and non-toxic. This is a good thing to me, but it is not my number one priority. The Mpro7 stuff is a good example of a line of products that put "green" above performance, in my opinion. On the other end, when George formulated Weapon Shield, he put performance first, but still came up with a very safe, non-toxic product to use.

I am biased in the sense that, as I said earlier, I am a victim of my own experiences like most folks, and so I know pretty well what works and what doesn't, and I have a good idea of what to look for and what I prefer when it comes to gun lubes, cleaners, etc...which is why I normally go with a CLP.

Necessity is the mother of invention, and this the reason why CLP's are normally better products to use. Over the last ten years, most of the advances in gun lubes have been because of the military's desire to go with a CLP, and so manufacturer's have tried to go after these contracts and the specs that must be met to win them. We reap the benefits by getting lots of good products to choose from. Several new products, like Weapon Shield, now meet MIL-L-63460D.

Some parts of these mil-spec tests mean nothing to us private citizens, like reactivity to NBC/MOPP detection gear, etc. but the bottom line is I'd much rather use a product that at least HAS been tested, and will at least meet some type of criteria. Much better than some guy in a gun shop named Billy Joe telling you it works good on his deer rifle, and got his '72 Chevy started this morning.

YMMV

Clay

Page generated in 0.02783 seconds with 8 queries