View Single Post
Old March 28, 2024, 01:56 AM   #11
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
It depends on the gun.
It depends on the gun AND the ammo being used.

AND, it also depends on the shooter. Different people hold guns and look through the sights differently and that can make a difference on the precise point of impact in relation to the point of aim.

For example, my Dad sighted his pistols for center hold. Without changing the sights and using the same ammo, when I fired his pistols with a center hold, I hit above my target point. If I put the target on the top of the front sight I hit it in the center.

Another example, a friend and I were pinking with our scoped deer rifles. We traded rifles every shot. Without exception and very consistently, at 100yds, when I shot his rifle, my bullet was 1/2" off and when he shot mine, he was 1/2" off as well.

With your SA 35, if you can see the sights, line them up and use them. If you can't but can see the dot, put it in the notch and use it. You'll be slightly off for elevation, but at close ranges (defensive shooting) you'll be well within "minute of man". (had a friend check his SA 35 and with the sights properly aligned, the dot was about 3/4 of the way up from the bottom of the rear notch)

Page generated in 0.03241 seconds with 8 queries